Friday, March 9, 2012

A presentation of my favorite thing- MULES & Donkeys

For the past forty years, Guilford County Extension Office has held an Equine Education Series for six weeks every spring. I have been honored to speak twice before about Trail Riding over the years. This year, Ben Chase called and wanted to know if I could speak about mules and donkeys! I told him, no problem, that's all I talk about all the time, anyway!
So armed with PowerPoint and handouts, I tried to educate and entertain a group of about 20 or so people. Once that part was over, they joined us in the livestock arena for a live show of mules and donkeys of all different types. I brought Seven, Sadie, Navarre, and my friend Tara's visiting mule Jesse. My friends Todd and Terri Barfield were kind enough to bring Lizzy a nice show mule and one of his Mammoth Donkeys, Sadie!

Sadie Mae Mule & Shannon making introductions
Tara and Jesse!
Todd and Donkey Sadie! I want that Donkey!
Lizzy the Hunter Jumping Mule and All-Around Show Mule!
Tara holding Navarre & Seven with Shannon.

No comments: