Friday, March 18, 2011

Guilford County Trail Riding and Safety Presentation

On March 7th Seven and I traveled to Greensboro to the Guilford County Extension office. Several months ago Agent Ben Chase had asked us to be part of an extension educational program is on Monday nights, for 8 weeks. I gave a classroom presentation about first aid kits, training, selecting and preparing your equine for trips on the trail. Later Seven and I used the livestock arena to demonstrate proper tack, fit and training for good trail horses. Seven was really good considering all those people (about 40) were looking at him. It was a lot of fun and I had several people tell my they learned a lot but it was a long drive home! Two ladies came up to me and tell me that they wanted to go trail riding with me! That was a high compliment!

Hopefully a photo coming?

No comments: